What is LipoSelection® only by VASER®?
LipoSelection® only by VASER® combines patented technologies with advanced surgical techniques to sculpt the body and remove unwanted fat deposits. A body sculpting option unlike any other, the LipoSelection procedure uses ultrasonic energy to break up fat while leaving surrounding tissue – such as nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue – relatively intact. Patients report highly satisfactory results and low to minimal pain.
How does LipoSelection® only by VASER® work?
High frequency sound energy emitted by the VASER System breaks up fat on contact while leaving surrounding tissues relatively intact. The fragmented fat flows into the wetting solution and is extracted with gentle suction. This process results in smooth, predictable outcomes.
What happens during the LipoSelection® procedure?
First, the area to be sculpted is filled with a special saline solution that helps numb the site and shrink the blood vessels (to minimize blood loss and reduce bruising). This solution wets and fills the area to be treated, making fat easier to break up with the VASER System’s sound energy. Then a small probe transmits sound energy (similar to that used for cataract removal in the eye) that breaks up fat on contact, while leaving other important tissues relatively intact. Finally, gentle suction of the sculpted site removes the emulsified fat quickly. Thanks to its patented technology, only the LipoSelection procedure first emulsifies and then removes fat in this manner.
What type of results can be expected?
The ultrasonic technology used for the LipoSelection procedure breaks up fatty tissue while leaving other important tissues relatively intact. As a result, treatment with the VASER System has been reported to result in smooth contouring and low incidence of complications such as prolonged swelling, loss of sensation or prolonged numbing, blood clots, bruising, blister-like spots called seromas, and skin discoloration.
Why LipoSelection® only by VASER® is different than traditional Liposuction?
LipoSelection only by VASER is a new and very different way to precisely and efficiently remove unwanted fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, LipoSelection only by VASER uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology to reshape your body. Only the LipoSelection procedure uses the proprietary VASER System to first liquefy and then remove fat from the body, which is why it provides such smooth, predictable results. Since it is more tissue selective than traditional liposuction, patients report low to minimal pain and low to minimal swelling and bruising.
VASER LIPO FACTS
• LipoSelection® only by VASER® is an innovative body sculpting option that uses patented VASER® technology to break up and permanently remove unwanted fat, while minimally disturbing other important tissues critical to an optimal recovery and smooth results.
• VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance.
• Until now, traditional surgical fat removal procedures have been more about mechanical avulsion and suction of fatty tissue (including surrounding nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue).
1. The physician makes a tiny incision in the targeted area, and infuses a saline solution mixed with lidocaine and epinephrine to help shrink blood vessels and numb the area to be treated.
2. The physician then inserts a small patented probe that emits ultrasonic waves to selectively break up fat deposits, leaving important tissues relatively intact.
3. Once the fatty tissue is emulsified, it can be removed through the small incision with massage and/or controlled suction designed to be gentle. Any residual fatty tissue not removed from the body is either absorbed or smoothly reshaped to the patient’s contour.
• Blood vessels are minimally disrupted = LipoSelection patients report low to minimal bruising.
• Nerves are minimally disrupted = LipoSelection patients report low to minimal pain.
• Connective tissues are minimally disrupted = LipoSelection patients & physicians report smooth, predictable results and tight contours.
• Physicians report success in treating all of the following areas: abdomen, thighs, knees, buttocks, hips, back, arms, breasts, love handles, chin and neck areas.
• The VASER System’s versatility and precision allows for efficient treatment of various tissue types – from very delicate to very fibrous.
• The LipoSelection procedure is performed in a clean environment such as a doctor’s office, an outpatient surgery center or a hospital.
• Physicians across the country are currently performing LipoSelection only by VASER.
• The VASER is manufactured by Sound Surgical Technologies LLC, a Colorado Limited Liability Company. Founded in July 1998. The VASER System received FDA clearance for use in lipoplasty in June 2002, and currently holds 11 US Patents.