No matter what we call it—acne scars, acne marks, pimple scars or spots – the very sight of these flaws can destroy our confidence. Acne scars appear in different forms and sizes, and can stay on our skin for days, weeks, months and even for years. Now, the longer the acne scar has been on your skin, the tough it will be to rub out. So it’s important to get treatment when the pimple scars or acne marks has just begun to heal.
Several treatments can be used to address the cosmetic concern of acne marks or scars - usually a combination of treatment works great. Some treatment options include:
1. Chemical Peels: Improves overall skin condition, reduced acne scars and removed dead skin cells.
2. Microdermabrasion: It works best on problems such as dark brown spots, dull skin, and age spots. It is basically a skin rejuvenation procedure that leaves skin looking smooth and lively.
3. CROSS Technique: It’s a great method to treat deep acne scars or the so-called ice-pick scars which are identified to be the most challenging scars to treat.
4. Subcisions or subcutaneous incision: Subcision is used to many skin problems that include rolling acne scars.
5. Micro needle therapy: Improves skin texture and firmness, as well as a reduction in acne scars, stretch marks, and pore size.
Dr. Roura will be able to give the right treatment for your skin condition.